|Procedure Name||Renewal of Trademark|
The Patent, Design and Trade Mark Act, 2022 (1965)
Section 23B Procedure Relating to Renewal of Trademark
(1) A Trademark holder shall renew the trademark within a period of 35 days from the date of expiry of the term for which he is entitled to use the patent, design or trade-mark under Section 8, Section 14A or Section 18D by submitting an application in a format mentioned in Schedule 2(F)and paying the fee motioned in Schedule 3.
(2) Renewal may be made by paying a fine of One Thousand Rupees within six months after the expiry of the time-limit for the same pursuant Sub- Section (1). In case it is not so renewed registration of the patent, design and trade-mark shall be automatically cancelled.
Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-Section (1) and (2), a patent may be renewed not more than twice for a period of Seven years at a time, a design not more than twice for a period of five years at a time, and a trade-mark any number of times for a period of seven years at a time
1. Application for renewal,
2. Original patent certificate,
3. Receipt of renewal fee,
4. The proof of renewal of patent in foreign country.
5. Authorization, identification, and mailing address in case a representative is nominated.,
6. In case of Trademark, proof of use of trademark. In case of national trademark, renewal of proof of industry or business.
|Title||Description||Create Date||Update Date||Issued By||File|
|Renewal of Trademark||Application Form to Renew Trademark||2016-06-10||2016-08-22||Ministry of Industry|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To||Measure Class|
|Renewal of Trademark||Registration Requirement||Ministry of Industry||To update the legal arrangement in respect to patents for the convenience and economic benefit of the general public and businesses; to control and regulate the activities regarding patent||Renewal of Trademark||The Patent, Design and Trade Mark Act, 2022 (1965)||9999-12-31||Goods|