|Procedure Name||Diplomatic privilege|
Customs Regulation 2064(2007)
Rule 3: Diplomatic privilege or duty privilege may be granted
(1) As per the sub-section (1) of section 9 of the Act, those institutions, officials or persons, who are entitled to diplomatic privilege or duty privilege, should apply in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs declaring the descriptions of the goods, price and quantity in order to avail of such privileges.
(2) The application received, under sub rule (1), should be scrutinized and, if the Customs privilege or duty privilege need to be granted, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should forward two copies of recommendation form as prescribed in Schedule 1.
(3) Upon the receipt of the recommendation form as per sub rule (2), the Department should forward one copy of recommendation form for execution to the Customs office or Duty Free Shop.
(4) Upon the receipt of the recommendation form as per sub rule (3), concerned Customs office or Duty Free Shop should grant diplomatic privilege or duty privilege to the concerned institution, official or person as recommended in the form.
(5) Concerned Customs office or Duty Free Shop should submit the description form of diplomatic privileges or duty privileges as per sub rule (4) to the Department and one copy of such description form should be kept for record in the office.
(6) For the purpose of this sub-rule, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should provide at a prior date the specimen signature of the authorized official to the Department, who will recommend the diplomatic privilege or the duty privilege.
|Title||Description||Create Date||Update Date||Issued By||File|
|Application Form for the Ministry of Foreign Affair’s Recommendation for diplomatic privilege or duty privilege.||Sample Application Form for the Ministry of Foreign Affair’s Recommendation for diplomatic privilege or duty privilege.||2016-05-16||2016-08-22||Department of Customs|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To||Measure Class|
|Diplomatic privilege or duty privilege||Recommendation Requirement||Ministry of Finance||Prescribe diplomatic facility or duty facility shall, on recommendation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Nepal, to those bodies, officials or persons who are entitled to enjoy such diplomatic facility or duty facility under any bilateral or multilateral treaty or agreement to which Nepal is a party.||Comments||Customs Regulation, 2064 (2007)||9999-12-31||Goods|