|Procedure Name||Provision Relating to Visa for foreign investment and technology transfer|
The Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer Act, 2049 (1992)
Section 6: Provision Relating to Visa
1) A foreign national visiting Nepal in connection with undertaking any study or carrying out any research with the objective of making investment in Nepal shall be provided a non tourist visa for up to six months.
2) A foreign investor or dependent family or authorized representative of such a foreign investor and department family of such authorized representative shall for the purpose of stay in Nepal be provided a business visa until the foreign investment is retained.
Provided that a foreign investor who, at a time, makes investment in an amount no less than one hundred thousand United States dollar or in convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto, and his/her dependent family shall be granted a residential visa until such investment is retained.
1. Visa Application
2. Recommendation from the Department of Industry.
3. Registration of business/tax clearence.
4. Progress report of the business from Department of Industry.
5. Bio-data of the investor.
Passport and copies of Passport along with a copy of the latest visa page
|Title||Description||Create Date||Update Date||Issued By||File|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To||Measure Class|
|Provision Relating to Visa for foreign investment and technology transfer||Formality Requirement||Ministry of Industry||To promote foreign investment and technology transfer for making the economy viable, dynamic and competitive through the maximum mobilization of the limited capital, human and the other natural resources.||Provision Relating to Visa for foreign investment and technology transfer||The Foreign Investment And Technology Transfer Act 2049 (1992)||9999-12-31||Goods|