|Procedure Name||Application for License to import raw materials for production of cigarette, alcohol etc|
The Excise Duty Rules, 2059 (2002)
Rule 3: Application to be made for license
Any person, firm, company or organization who desires to manufacture, import, sell or store a product subject to excise duty or deliver the service subject to excise duty has to make an application, accompanied by the license fee referred to in Schedule-2, to the Excise Duty Officer specified by the Department, in the format referred to in Schedule-1
Rule 5 - Term and validity of license:
(1) The term of the license issued pursuant to Rule 4 shall remain valid only for one fiscal year.
(2) The licensee shall, within one month of expiration of the term of license referred to in sub-rule (1), get the license renewed for one fiscal year, by paying the license fee as specified in Schedule-2 to the Excise Duty Officer specified by the Department.
(3) The licensee who does not get the license renewed within the term referred to in sub-rule (1) may, within six months of expiration of the term, get the license renewed for one fiscal year, by paying an additional fee to be set by fifty percent of the license fee as specified in Schedule-2 and the due and payable excise duty.
(4) The license of a licensee who does not get it renewed even within the period referred to in sub-rule (3) shall ipso facto be cancelled.
1. A copy of citizenship card
2. Company registration Certificate
3. Industry Registration Certificate
4. VAT/PAN Registration
5. Documents regarding import of raw materials from concerned country and company detail
6. Agreement letter with concerned company regarding the purchase of the raw material
|Title||Description||Create Date||Update Date||Issued By||File|
|License to import raw materials for production of cigarette, alcohol etc||Sample form license to import raw materials for production of cigarette, alcohol etc||2016-08-03||2016-08-22||Department of Customs|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To||Measure Class|
|Application to be made for license for manufacturing, importing, selling, or storing a product subject to excise duty or deliver the service subject to excise duty||Permit Requirement||Ministry of Finance||To control import, subsequent processing of products of which the consumption is regarded as lacking merit or as likely to cause negative externalities. Rule 3||After submitting the application, it takes one day to process the application. The permit is valid for one year.||The Excise Duty Rules, 2059 (2002)||9999-01-31||Goods|